A massage with the goal of profound relaxation incorporates techniques from the traditions of Swedish and Hawaiian Lomi-Lomi massage styles to re-establish a sense of wholeness to your being. Gentle stretches and careful meridian point work encourage you to rest down into a state of soothing relief and rejuvenation.
Here, the intention is a deeply nourishing, flowing massage treatment from head to toe, contributing to a "whole body" sense of well-being.
- increased circulation and lymph flow
- supported venous return of bloodflow to heart
- decreased adhesions and softened scar tissue
- removal of dead skin cells
- increased sebaceous secretion
- relaxation of muscle tension
- activation of parasympathetic system response (the 'rest and digest' part of the nervous system
as opposed to the 'fight or flight' part)
- stimulation of flow of synovial fluid to nourish and protect joint structures
- increased range of motion
Jean Hardy | Belfast, Maine 04915 | 207.338.5850 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Maine State License # MT3821